Monday 28 November 2011

Todra Gorge

Last night, I had the best night’s sleep I’ve had since this overland trip started. And it was on restaurant benches. I could stretch out (the tents are 6 foot only so it’s hard to stretch out fully, particularly with the condensation), I was warm, and I was completely out of it from 9pm to 3am, when I woke up to the sound of someone snoring. I haven’t slept fully through the night since the trip started but I’m hoping that’ll change as soon as I sleep in a proper bed. Sleeping is one thing I’m normally particularly good at – anywhere, anytime!

After such an amazing sleep, I was excited about going on a 4 hour hike around Todra Gorge.

It was drizzling on and off and when we neared the top, it started sleeting. Luckily at that point we stopped in at a nomad’s place

on the side of the mountain and sheltered under some hessian, as did an inquisitive cock.

Hot berber tea warmed us up.

As well as cuddling a new born goat.

Photo courtesy of Andrea

The views from the top were incredible despite the weather and I found the view of the mud brick village at the bottom particularly scenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment