Thursday 8 March 2012

Eating and drinking in Kribi

All of us were very happy to leave crazy lady in Yaoundé, and head for the beautiful beaches in Kribi. We stayed at the beautiful Auberge Tara Plage.
The seafood was incredible as you’d expect. One day a bunch of us went to the fish market and I ordered 1 kg of crab sautéed in garlic, a plate of chips and a large soft drink for 4,500 CFA (roughly AUD$9).
(This photo is of 2kg.)
The ride back to our campsite from the fish market was incredible as well – we fit three of us on the back of a motorbike. And it was a bumpy dirt road. I was pressed up against the driver, breathing hot air on his neck and when I told the others not to move for fear of the driver losing balance, it probably felt like I was whispering sweet nothings into his ear! Lee was pressed up behind me; I was holding onto her knee. And then Dom was pressed up against her, but sitting on the uncomfortable metal bars on the back. Every time we turned a corner or went over a bump, all of us gulped.I don’t recommend it!
Another night a few of our group partook in ‘100s club’ to celebrate our 100 days on the road. Essentially, you have one shot of beer every minute.
Here’s how the group thought they would be at the end.
And here’s how Shaun, the clear winner at 160, actually ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment